[Films en cours] post-production support is meant for:
- first, second, or third international feature-length films (over 60 minutes), intended for theatrical release, either fiction, essay or documentary works
- films must be toward the end of editing process
- The films may not have been shown before, except in the context of other financial or production aids, which must be mentioned to the festival staff.
- Five films will be selected by the artistic director of the festival.
- The director and producer of the selected projects should come to Belfort to present their film to the jury. Hotel rooms and meals will be provided by the festival, whereas the applicants will be in charge of their travel costs.
- Screenings and discussions between the applicants and the jury will take place on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 November 2021 in Belfort.
- Foreign films must be subtitled in French or English.
- Screenings and discussions are open to cinema professionals attending the festival. They are not open to the audience.
- The jury is composed of a representative of each partner company, of one filmmaker, and of one programmer.
- One film only will be awarded post-production assistance. The winner will be announced on November 28, during the closing ceremony of the festival.
- The winner will receive:
Granted by Studio Orlando: conformation and color grading worth 17 000 euros,
Granted by La Puce à l'Oreille: sound post production (sound editing and/or mixing and/or recordings) worth 14 000 euros
Granted by Le Grand Action: checking of the mix in a movie theatre worth 3 000 euros
Granted by Cineli Digital: subtitling into English or French
Granted by Cineli Digital: DCP mastering
The skills of a post-production manager are also part of the offer. He will supervise the post-production planning and coordination with the producer.
- The offers will be determined in their exact duration and content during the discussions between the applicants and the jury, in the limits of the dedicated budget, according to the specified needs of the film and the schedule constraints of each partner. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE TECHNICAL DETAILS AND DEADLINES
- The subtitles realized remain the intellectual property of the translator and the producer of the film awarded commits himself/herself to inform Cineli Digital about every commercial exploitation of the film with the offered subtitling (tv purchase, vod platform, theatrical release).
- The winner must signal his or her award
-with the logo [FILMS EN COURS] provided by the festival, which should appear separately in the opening credits
-by naming the companies partners as supports of the film in the opening credits
- by including their logos in the closing credits with the detail of the prestations and the name of the companies
- The winner will give priority to the Belfort festival for its French premiere (excepting A-category festivals).
The Vimeo link of the film must be sent with:
- the completed APPLICATION FORM, to be downloaded
- the director’s bio-filmography
- a statement of intent from the producer indicating the film’s current stage of production and funding
- the provisional schedule of post-production works of the film
- a real total budget, including post-production works and a financing plan specifying financings that have been gained and those that are awaiting
Applications must be sent to:
October 15, 2021
PUBLICATION OF THE SHORTLIST:
November 8, 2021
SCREENING DATES IN BELFORT:
November Saturday 27 and Sunday 28, 2021
EXPENSES COVERED BY THE FESTIVAL:
Three hotel nights and meals for two. Travel costs are not covered by the festival.
Further information: cc (at) festival-entrevues.com
DOWNLOAD THE 2021 RULES AND REGULATIONS