[Films en cours] post-production support is meant for:
- first, second, or third international feature-length films (over 60 minutes), intended for theatrical release, either fiction or documentary works
- films must be towards the end of the editing process
- The films may not have been shown before, except in the context of other financial or production aids, which must be mentioned to the festival staff.
- Five films will be selected by the artistic director of the festival.
- The director and producer of the selected projects should come to Belfort to present their film to the jury. Hotel rooms and meals will be provided by the festival, whereas the applicants will be in charge of their travel costs.
- Screenings and discussions between the applicants and the jury will take place on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 November 2018 in Belfort.
- Foreign films must be subtitled in French or English.
- Screenings and discussions are open to cinema professionals attending the festival. They are not open to the audience.
- The jury is composed of a representative of each partner company, of one filmmaker, and of one programmer.
- One film only will be awarded post-production assistance. The winner will be announced on the evening of November 24, during the closing ceremony of the festival
- The winner will get:
Granted by Polyson : conformation and color grading worth 17 000 euros, mix finlization worth 1 500 euros
Granted by La Puce à l'oreille : sound finalization (editing / mixing / recording...) worth 14 000 euros
Granted by CinévidéoCim : subtitling into English or French
Granted by Cosmodigital : DCP mastering
The skills of a post-production manager, Pierre Huot, are also part of the offer. He will supervise the post-production planning and coordination with the producer
- Regarding Polyson and La Puce à l'oreille offers : their duration and their content will be determined during the discussions between the applicants and the jury, in the limits of the dedicated budget, according to the specified needs of the film and the schedule constraints of each partner
- Participants of selected projects are required to signal their participation in [Films en cours] by including the logo provided by the festival in the film credits and on all of the film’s communication media.
- The winner must signal his or her award by including the logo provided by the festival, which should appear separately in the opening or closing credits and on all of the film’s communication and screening media.
- The winner will give priority to the Belfort festival for its French premiere (excepting A-category festivals).
The dvd or link of the film must be sent with:
- the completed application form, to be downloaded here
- the director’s bio-filmography
- a statement of intent from the producer indicating the film’s current stage of production and funding
- the provisional schedule of the post-production works of the film
- a real total budget, including post-production and a financing plan specifying financings that have been gained and those that are awaiting
Applications must be sent to:
Festival de Belfort EntreVues / FILMS EN COURS
78 rue Orfila
October 12th 2018
PUBLICATION OF THE SELECTION:
Beginning of November
SCREENING DATES IN BELFORT:
Friday 23 and Saturday 24 November 2018
EXPENSES COVERED BY THE FESTIVAL:
Three hotel nights and meals for two. Travel costs are not covered by the festival.
Further information: 00 33 1 43 15 80 07 / competition (at) festival-entrevues.com
Download the [Films en cours] rules and regulations pdf here