- L'Amour debout by Michaël Dacheux, fiction, France, Perspective Films,1h40
Martin, in a last ditch hope, comes to meet Léa in Paris. They are both twenty-five and shared their first love story together. But it is well and truly over. They are both now striving to mature and open themselves up to new encounters. The film follows their two trajectories over a one-year period, season after season.
- L'Époque by Matthieu Bareyre, documentary, France, Artisans du film,1h45
There is Paris and the aftermath of Charlie Hebdo,
its order and its spirit.
Then there are young people
who go out at night.
I wonder what keeps them awake at night.
- One and a Half Prince by Ana Lungu, fiction, Romania, Mandragora,1h40
Three friends, Iris, Marius, and Istvan, share a flat in Bucharest and form a happy family, in their own way. The appearance in their life of the charming Laszlo, a Hungarian writer from Transylvania, will disrupt the balance of the merry trio.
- Seuls les pirates by Gaël Lépingle, fiction, France, Perspective films, Cent Soleils,1h30
Géro, an actor who has lost his voice, scrapes by with his little theatre while refusing to leave the house from which the city council wants to expel him owing to an urban redevelopment plan. He prefers to woo Emilie, under temporary contract with the council, or help himself to materials on the construction sites. The visit of his nephew Leo, an idealistic young man, will change things drastically...
- The Load by Ognjen Glavonic,fiction, Serbia-France-Croatia, Non Aligned Films, Cinéma Defacto, Kinorama,1h33
Serbia, 1999. While NATO bombs the country, Vlada accepts a job offer from the army. The mission is simple: drive a truck from point A to point B, without concern for the contents of the cargo. But along the way, this mysterious load proves to be a difficult burden to bear.
- Vitória by Ico Costa, fiction, Portugal-Argentina-France, Terratreme, Un Puma Cine, La belle affaire productions,1h33
Henrique hides out in a remote Portuguese forest. He has committed an irreparable act for which he fears retaliation. In this forest, he tries to survive as best he can.
Ava CAHEN film critic, selection committe of Cannes Critics Week, Arnaud CHELET - Ike No Koi (color correction), Patric CHIHA director, Pierre HUOT post-production manager, Nicolas NAEGELEN - Polyson (sound mixing), Philippe PERROT - Cosmodigital (mastering DCP) and Fabian TERUGGI - CinévidéoCim (subtitling)
See 2016 selection