2022 Rules and regulations
[Films en cours] post-production support is meant for:
- The films may not have been shown before, except in the context of other financial or production aids, which must be mentioned to the festival staff.
- Five films will be selected by the artistic director of the festival.
- The director and producer of the selected projects should come to Belfort to present their film to the jury.
- Screenings and discussions between the applicants and the jury will take place onin Belfort.
- Screenings and discussions are open to cinema professionals attending the festival. They are not open to the audience.
- The jury is composed of a representative of each partner company, of one filmmaker, and of one programmer.
- One film only will be awarded post-production assistance. The winner will be announced on November 26, during the closing ceremony of the festival.
The winner will receive:
- Granted by Studio Orlando: conformation and color grading worth 17 000 euros
- Granted by La Puce A L'Oreille: sound post production (sound editing and/or mixing and/or recordings) worth 14 000 euros
- Granted by Le Grand Action : checking of the mix in a movie theatre worth 3 000 euros
- Granted by Cineli Digital: subtitling into English or French and DCP mastering worth 6 500 euros (value calculated for a 90-minute feature film)
- The skills of a post-production manager, Elsa Cohen, are also part of the offer. She will supervise the post-production planning and coordination with the producer.
- The offers will be determined in their exact duration and content during the discussions between the applicants and the jury, in the limits of the dedicated budget, according to the specified needs of the film and the schedule constraints of each partner. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE TECHNICAL DETAILS AND DEADLINES
- The subtitles realized remain the intellectual property of the translator and the producer of the film awarded commits himself/herself to inform Cineli Digital about every commercial exploitation of the film with the offered subtitling (tv purchase, vod platform, theatrical release).
- The winner must signal his or her award
- with the logo [FILMS EN COURS] provided by the festival, which should appear separately in the opening credits
- by naming the companies partners as supports of the film in the opening credits
- by including their logos in the closing credits with the detail of the prestations and the name of the companies
- The winner will give priority to the Belfort festival for its French premiere (excepting A-category festivals).
From September 1st to October 14, 2022
November 7, 2022
November Friday 25 and Saturday 26, 2022