The 37th edition of Entrevues, Belfort International Film Festival will take place from November 20 – November 27, 2022.
Submissions are open from May 3 to July 31, 2022.
The decisions of the selection committee will be given by email mid October, 2022.
2. ELIGIBILITY OF THE FILMS
2.1 Type of films
The international competition is open to:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd feature films (60 minutes and over)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd short and medium length films (less than 60 minutes)
- without distinction of genre: fiction, essay, animation and documentary (films produced for television - shows, television magazines, news coverage - are not eligible)
- completed after the 1st of September 2021 and having not been commercially released in France (except for short films, which may have been broadcasted on local or specialty channel, exclusively)
2.2 Filmography: 1st, 2nd and 3th film: how to count?
In the short and medium length films competition, the director must not have directed more than 3 shorts or medium films, of any genre.
In the feature films competition, the director must not have directed more than 3 feature films, of any genre.
taking into account that:
- only the previous films commercially released or screened in festivals have to be included in the director’s filmography
- works made for television (show, television magazines, news coverage) do not count
- all co-directed films must be included
The festival doesn’t demand exclusivity. Films can have been submitted and screened in other festivals. Nevertheless, the different selections and screenings must be clearly indicated in the entry form.
- Submissions are free and have to be done exclusively on the festival website
- The films are watched thanks to the downloadable links submitted directly in the entry form.
- If the film is in a language other than French or English, it must be provided with French or English subtitles.
- A film can only submit once: it can’t be submitted again another year.
- If a film is submitted in a working version: the mention "working version" must be added following the title of the movie in the entry form.
- A film submitted to the competition can’t be submitted to the post-production support [Films en cours] afterwards.
4. SELECTION AND MATERIAL
4.1 The festival doesn't cover screening fees for films selected in competition.
4.2 Once the selection announced, the owner commits not to remove the film from the selection.
Screening copies of the selected films must arrive in Belfort by October 29, 2022.
The cost of the film copy shipment will be covered by the participants.
The festival will be in charge of the return shipments of the films.
4.3. Screening copies - technical details
Selected films will be screened in DCP or 35 mm. A back-up Blu-ray copy must be provided for each film.
Productions must ensure the quality (resolution, definition) of their film, as well as its compatibility with Doremi and GDC servers used for the festival screenings. Please respect the following standards: Interop or SMPTE, 24 or 25 ips, 2K, 4K, all of which according to DCI standards. 25 ips DCP SMPTE copies must have the subtitles embedded in the image.
The name of the file should conform to DCP standards
Because last minute changes of cinema rooms are possible, we ask productions to send us NON-ENCRYPTED DCP files, or encrypted DCP files provided with a generated DKDM (Distribution Key Delivery Message) for all the cinema rooms and for the entire duration of the festival.
French-speaking films must be presented in original version with English subtitles.
English-speaking films must be presented in original version with French subtitles.
Non English and non French speaking films must have subtitles in at least one of those two languages.
The festival will be exclusively in charge of preparing electronic French subtitling for films that do not have French production or distribution. In case the festival provides electronic subtitling, the right owners commit to provide requested material (dialogue list, already existing subtitles, and screening copy of the film) to our lab within the given deadlines.
4.5 Promotional material
The information sheet must be sent fully completed within 48 hours following the information of selection, as well as High-Definition photographs of the film and the director, and excerpts.
Short excerpts (lasting less than three minutes) may be used to promote the festival and its competition films.
A file of the final version of the film will be provided as soon as possible for the professional library of the festival.
At the latest, one week before the festival begins, the owner will provide a poster of the film to the press service of the festival.
Grand Prix Janine Bazin for Best Feature Film 8,000 euros to the director
Grand Prix André S. Labarthe fro Best Short Film 3,500 euros to the director
Ciné + Distribution Support Award 15,000 euros (purchase of rights) to the French distributor of the film
One + One Award 2,500 euros to the director
Audience Award for a Feature Films 3,000 euros to the director
Audience Award for a Short Film 1,700 euros to the director
Selected films are required to signal their selection by including the logo provided by the festival in the film credits and on all of the film’s communication media.
Awarded films must signal their awards by including the logo provided by the festival, which should appear separately in the opening or closing credits and on all of the film’s communication and screening media.
The awards to films will be given in two times: half at the end of the festival, half once the commitments regarding the promotion are respected.
Selected films may be screened as reruns, for instance during the rerun of the awarded films in Paris: the owners will provide for free the print of the films for these screenings.
8. VOD PARTNERS
Our vod partners may contact you in order to propose your film on their platforms.
9. RESPONSABILITIES OF THE ORGANIZERS
Belfort International Film Festival reserves the right to use all data from registration forms as provided for by the law n°78.17 of 6 January 1978 (In accordance with the data-processing, files and freedoms act, any participant has the right to access and correct only data concerning him.)
Film copies are insured by the festival from the date of their arrival in Belfort until their return. In the event of an accident, the liability of the festival will be limited to the cost of replacing the copy or the elements that have been damaged or lost.
The organization Cinémas d’Aujourd’hui and the festival organizers will settle any cases not covered under these rules and regulations and may grant derogations to the aforementioned provisions. They reserve the right to postpone, cancel or suspend the event at any time according to the requirements of its exploitation. No compensation of any kind can be made to the participants.
10. The submission and participation to the festival implies acceptance of the afore mentioned regulations, without reserve.
For further information, please contact : Cécile CADOUX - firstname.lastname@example.org -
00 33 1 41 50 75 02
Click here to download the festival rules.