Welt am Draht
Le monde sur le fil
World on a Wire
Almost unseen after his first broadcast on a german channel in 1973, World on a wire is one of Fassbinder's finest work of art, a film that inspired Matrix and Second Life.
The German authorities have invented an artificial world, the Simulacron, inhabited by avatars. Untill one of the game' conceptor starts to wonder whether the real world is a virtual creation...
- Klaus Löwitsch, Barbara Valentin, Mascha Rabben
- Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Fritz Müller-Scherz, based on the novel by Daniel F. Galouye
- Michael Ballhaus, Ulrich Prinz
- Hans Pampuch, Ernst Thomas
- Ursula Elles, Marie Anne Gerhardt
- Gottfried Hüngsberg
- Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR)